There are many ways you can say something. Keeping it simple oft leads to least opportunity for confusion.
- As with the sire, so it is with the scion.
- A beheld vessel never exceeds 100 degrees centigrade.
- Prodigality is produced by precipitancy.
- Pulchritude does not penetrate below the dermal plane.
- A period of preeminence is passed through by each and every canine.
- It is useless to become lachrymose because of scattered lacteal fluid.
- Articles which coruscate are not fashioned from aureate material, necessarily.
- Your immune gallinacians must not be calculated prior to their being produced.
- Lithodial fragments should not be hurled by tenants of vitreous abodes.
- Cleave gramineous matter for fodder during the period when the orb of the day is refulgent.
- A feathered creature, clasped in the manual members, is the equivalent, valuewise, of a brace in the bosky growth.
- It is fondness for notes of exchange that constitutes the tuberous structures of all satanically inspired principles.
- A perissodactyl ungulate mammal may be addressed towards aqueous fluid, but it cannot be compelled to quaff.
- A detached fragment of the terrestrial lithosphere, whether of igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic origin, and whether acquiring its approximation to sphericity through hydraulic action or other attrition, when continuously maintained in motion by reason of the instrumentality of gravitational forces constantly acting to lower its center of gravity, thus resulting in a rotational movement around its temporary axis and with its velocity accelerated by any increase in the angle of declivity, is because of abrasion action produced by the incessant but irregular contact between its periphery and the continuous terrain, effectively prevented from accumulating on its external surface any appreciable modicum of the cryptogamous vegetation normally propagated in umbrageous situations under optimum conditions of undeviating atmospheric humidity, solar radiation, quiescence, and comparative sequestration from erosive agencies.
In other words…
- Like father, like son.
- A watched pot never boils.
- Haste makes waste.
- Beauty is only skin deep.
- Every dog has his day.
- Don’t cry over spilled milk.
- Not all that glitters is gold.
- Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn’t cast stones.
- Make hay while the sun shines.
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Love of money is the root of evil.
- You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.