- To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
- To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
- To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
- To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
- To place your ideas and dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
- To love is to risk not being loved in return.
- To live is to risk dying.
- To hope is to risk despair.
- To cry is to risk failure.
- But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
- The people who risk nothing do nothing, have nothing, are nothing, and become nothing.
- They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they simply cannot learn to feel, and change, and grow, and love, and live.
- Chained by their servitude, they are slaves; they’ve forfeited their freedom.
- Only the people who risk are truly free.